Mitragyna Speciosa, or Kratom as it is more commonly known, is a Rubbeaica family tree/herb. Coffee is also a member of this family. This plant thrives in the marshy parts of Malaysia, Thailand, and the rest of Southeast Asia, where the climatic conditions are ideal for its growth.
For decades, kratom has been used extensively in many cultures. It was an element of folk medicine that was used to treat a variety of diseases including sleeplessness, lethargy, pain, opiate addiction, anxiety, and more. They also utilized it to boost their energy levels. Originally, the indigenous would just gather the blooms and chew them. They would brew it and drink it as tea on occasion.
Kratom was researched as a plant for the first time in the 1830s. With the dawn of the twenty-first century, its popularity skyrocketed, and with it came a slew of new ways to consume it. Some people prefer crushed kratom leaves, while others prefer powdered kratom. Some people prefer extract, while others prefer capsules.
Also Read: Kratom in Malaysia: History, Usage, and Legality
How to Prepare Kratom Powder Using Leaves
Any excellent kratom store, such as Borneohale, sells dried kratom powder. After that, you may grind it up into powder, which is a common way to consume kratom. To make kratom powder, simply place the leaves on your hand, place a piece of paper underneath, and crush them, making sure the paper collects the dust.
Alternatively, a pepper mill can be used. If you don’t get a fresh one for this, the residual pepper and other spices can get jumbled up. It is also possible that some kratom remains in the mill. You can also use a food processor/blender if you have one. Just make sure there is no powder left on the blades after you are done.
Here are some ideas for how to use your freshly made powder once you have finished it:
- Simply consume it like that. Of course, the flavor will be pretty bitter, so you may want to wash it down with something sweet or tasty to hide it.
- You can combine it with juices such as orange and apple. This is a great way to conceal the taste once more.
- You can also mix it with smoothies, yogurt, or protein drinks. Before a workout, protein drinks are a good idea. Just make sure you choose a kratom strain that energizes you rather than relaxes you.
- You can bake cookies and brownies.
- It also goes well with savory dishes like porridge and soups.
- You can encapsulate it in vitamin capsules purchased at a local grocery store.
Also Read: 7 Reasons Why Consuming Kratom Capsule is Better
What is the Ideal Dosage?
It is critical that you measure your kratom dose precisely each time you use it. Because each strain has its own set of characteristics, you must pay attention to both the dosage and the side effects.
Begin with a modest dose and gradually increase it gram by gram until you reach the’sweet spot.’ Monitor the physical and mental effects of each dose. Observation and experimentation are the only ways to figure out what dose works best for you.
These recommendations for dosing may be useful:
- 1-3 grams – This is a good starting point for individuals who are new to Kratom. You will have some side effects even at this level. The impacts will be less noticeable, but they will exist. They might not last very long as well.
- 3-5 grams – This dose falls somewhere between low and somewhat higher. This is ideal for those who have never used Kratom before. The effects are somewhat stimulating at this dosage.
- 5-7 grams – This is a really potent dose in comparison. The effects begin to shift to the calming side of the spectrum, rather than being energizing.
- 7 grams and above – The effects can be rather strong at this point. They can also be difficult to predict at times. This is why consumers are cautioned from taking such large doses. It is only safe to ingest more than 7 grams of kratom leaves if you are a seasoned user.
Also Read: Easy Guide to the Best Kratom Dosage
Which One is Better – Kratom Leaves or Powder?
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to getting kratom into your system. It all depends on your personal preferences. If you want to prepare food at home, opt for leaves. If you don’t mind a ready-made preparation, the powdered form should be easy to come by.
At some point, you will have to select which version your body prefers. Perhaps you’ve discovered that one product is more tolerable than the others. It could take some time until you find the ideal product. Don’t be scared to do some experimentation and take some time to figure it out.
To summarize, if you prefer kratom in the form of tea over anything else, opt for the leaves. If it is not a priority for you, powder is an option.
You may also like these articles…
Green Borneo Kratom Review: The Best All-Rounder Strain
The kratom tree comes in a variety of strains, each with slightly different effects as[Read More]
How To Control Kratom Tolerance
How To Control Kratom tolerance is a common question among Kratom Users. It is a[Read More]
Best Seller Product
Super Maeng Da
Feeling unfamiliar with kratom?
Submit your email address below to get the latest articles, news, and updates.